Chicken Sausage & Kale Spaghetti Squash
Besides the fact that spaghetti squash takes a while to cook this is a relatively fast recipe that's sure to light your taste buds up! The best part is that it's SO filling. It's mostly veggies too which I of course love! No need to make anything on the side. Trust me on that one. If you don't have spaghetti squash handy you could also make this with zoodles. I just like the way the spaghetti squash goes with this Autumn-y meal.
So here you have it my Chicken Sausage & Kale Spaghetti Squash (that's a mouthful).
4 chicken sausage links (I like Nature's Promise)
1 spaghetti squash
1/2 bunch kale
1/2 cup white wine (any old white wine or cooking wine will work)
1 cup chicken broth
5-6 cloves garlic, minced
3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
Salt and red pepper flakes to taste
Pecorino romano cheese (or parmesan)
DIRECTIONS: (Makes 2 halves of spaghetti squash)
1. Heat oven to 400 F and cut spaghetti squash lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds and drizzle the insides of the spaghetti squash with olive oil. In a cookie-sheet place the spaghetti squash cut side down and bake for about 45 minutes to 1 hour or until squash is tender on the inside.
2. While the squash is in the oven start your sauce in one pan. Warm olive oil (3 Tbsp) in a sauce pan and throw in minced garlic cloves until golden. Once garlic is golden add in the 1/2 cup white wine and reduce on low-medium heat. Add in oregano and basil and 1/2 cup chicken broth. Reduce sauce uncovered.
3. In a separate pan brown chicken sausage then remove from pan and cut in slivers. Throw in the other 1/2 cup of chicken broth and the ripped kale leaves.
4. When spaghetti squash is done baking. Remove from oven and let cool. Take a fork and scrape out squash (it will look like spaghetti if you are not familiar with spaghetti squash) and save the outside of the squash.
5. In the pan of the kale and sausage throw in the sauce and the spaghetti portion of the squash. Cook together for 3 minutes on low heat. Salt to your liking. 6. Fill the outside of the squash "boats" with the kale, sausage, and spaghetti squash. Top with pecornio romano cheese and red pepper flakes.
#IntuitiveEating #MindfulEating #HealthyLiving #healthyrecipes #fiber #maindishes